The Internet connects more than half of the world's population. The revolutionary form of transmission of all kinds of data between places on this planet has made the *network of networks* the indispensable backbone of societies. The number of users has exploded to four billion people.
The speed of change is dramatic and for some, breathtaking. Many well-known and even more unknown personalities shaped the development of the Internet. However, the exciting success story also shows that there are dark sides to this development. What has become of the original hope for a democratization of communication? To what extent has the Internet provided access to better educational opportunities? How do large Internet companies and governments use the Internet? How can you safely communicate over this network?
September 1, 2020 - October 20, 2020
Go to external course
This openHPI course will start in September 2020, further information will follow soon.
What awaits you in the course?
- Week 1 - Digitization of the World (introduction, history, humans in the center)
- Week 2 - Computer Networks (bits and bytes, LAN, WLAN, WAN)
- Week 3 - Network of Networks, internetworking, internet protocols
- Week 4 - Transport through the Internet
- Week 5 - Internet Applications (WWW, e-mail, social media)
- Week 6 - Internet and Web Security (digital identities, cybercrime, risks, precautions)
Follow us on Twitter: @openHPI. For tweets about this course please use the hashtag #internetworking2020
Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OpenHPI
You can find more video lectures at www.tele-task.de.
This course is not running on Lernen.cloud, but on an external learning platform. When following the link to this featured course, you will leave the Lernen.cloud website. You might need an dedicated user account on the external platform to be able to enroll to the course.Go to external course